“With loving God as our first priority, we seek to glorify Him by introducing people to Jesus Christ, helping them grow to be more like Him, and then to reproduce the process in others.”
Our vision at Journey Church is to be a Great Commission Church as outlined in Matthew 28:19-20 by:
- Making disciples which are obedient learners and followers of Jesus Christ who are then able to reproduce the process in others.
- Baptizing and professing our faith publicly in the Triune God; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit so that the main purpose of our church is to testify to the world that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God so that He will be worshipped and glorified.
- Teaching others to obey all that Jesus has commanded us in His Holy Scripture.
- Trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ because He will always lead His church as an instrument to advance His kingdom.
This vision will be accomplished through 5 biblical functions of our Great Commission Church
- Worship: It is the function of the church to worship God as His image-bearers. Our goal is to create an environment where God the Father, God the Son, & God the Holy Spirit are praised and exalted through the preaching of God’s Word and the singing and praising of His Name in a format that is culturally relevant to our community.
- Discipleship: It is the function of the church to disciple the household of God so that we can become obedient followers of Christ and obey His commands. Our goal is to teach God’s inerrant Word and train disciples of Christ who will train others so that we can glorify our Lord in everything we do.
- Missions: It is the function of the church to be missional; spreading the good news that Christ has died for the sins of the worldto our local, regional, national, and international community. Our goal should be to fulfill the Great Commission that our Savior has called us to so that those who are lost can be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Ministry: It is the function of the church to minister for God as His servants. Our goal is to seek to care for the needs of His kingdom beginning with the local church and extending out into the community. This includes service to others directly and indirectly for the honor of our King.
- Fellowship: It is the function of the church to relate or fellowship as one body united by one Spirit under the leadership of Christ. Our goal is to edify one another as we follow the Head of the Church; sharing one belief and trusting one God. This occurs as we love God with all our heart, soul, and strength and love each other as ourselves.
What does this mean for you?
This means that according to God’s message to us in the Bible, we all have been created in the image of God with the special purpose of worshipping Him. Through God’s Holy Scripture, we can serve Him together and discover God’s love for us and His plan for our lives. Through God, we can discover our destiny!